Dear Bluetooth,I can’t believe 20 years have passed,You’ve made an impact that’s here to last!
As a thank you for all that you do,Here are 20 things to love about you:
1. Wireless mice. It’s the little things we take for granted. Having a portable mouse for your laptop wouldn’t be possible without Bluetooth.
2. Wireless keyboards. Similarly, most tablets today aren’t complete without a handy keyboard that attaches without a cable.
3. Smartphones. This might be the biggest reason to love Bluetooth: it’s in every smartphone, making Bluetooth technology ubiquitous and disruptive.
4. Bluetooth speakers. No beach day is complete without this essential item, making it easy to enjoy your favorite tunes wherever you are.
5. Wireless earphones. Remember when it was the norm to spend five minutes untangling the knots in your wired earbuds? It’s safe to say that once you go wireless, you never go back!
6. Mobile printing. What a convenient luxury to print documents straight from your smartphone.
7. Hands-free calling. A new car isn’t complete without a state-of-the-art infotainment system enabling you to keep two hands on the wheel while making a phone call.
8. Car audio streaming. Streaming your favorite playlist through your car speakers is a necessity for any good road trip!
9. Fitness trackers. Bluetooth created a new buzz with the ability to seamlessly track your steps and log your sleep, challenging you daily to live a heathier lifestyle.
10. Smartwatches. To continue the pace, Bluetooth-enabled smartwatches track workouts, activities and monitor heart rates – definitely a step up!
11. Electronic smart locks. Whether it’s realtor lock boxes, hotels or your own front door, the smart lock gives you the power to control entrances from your phone.
12. Gaming consoles. From handsets to virtual reality goggles, Bluetooth has taken gaming to a whole new level.
13. Blood glucose monitors. Aiding the lives of many around the world, we send sincere thanks to Bluetooth for making it easier to track glucose readings for individuals and caretakers.
14. Patient monitors. Being hooked up to fewer machines is always a good thing. Wireless patient monitors enable doctors to monitor vitals without any extra wires.
15. Asset tracking. The perfect solution for those who habitually misplace their keys, now there’s really no excuse for you being late to that 8 a.m. meeting.
16. Stadium beacons. Always looking for the nearest concession stand at a stadium? Bluetooth beacons can easily guide you to your favorite fan fare.
17. Airport beacons. A new trend that sets your mind at ease while traveling, with turn-by-turn navigation to airport gates and baggage claim.
18. Retail coupons. Need someone to blame for buying the buy-one-get-one-free potato chips? Bluetooth can turn an innocent trip down the junk food aisle into a purchase by sending an irresistible coupon straight to your smartphone.
19. Baby monitors. Making a big impact on the lives of little ones, smart baby wearables help you ensure that your baby isn’t running a fever and is sound asleep.
20. Smartphone as a car key. Bluetooth is driving a big change in making it easier to access cars and control vehicle settings from your smartphone.
The list could go on and on, but it’s safe to say Bluetooth has made a big impact.Happy 20th anniversary Bluetooth!
For more information, see www.ti.com/ble.
Thank you for your wonderful sharing.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.