Since the thru-hole packaged version of this part is now obsolete, I am trying to find a replacement that will operate in a similar way and provide the same gains of 1,2,5 and 10.

Can anyone help with suggesting such a device, or will I be forced to completely redesign the circuit?

I do not have surface mount soldering facilities so it will not be possible for me to use any sort of adapter.