This thread has been locked.

If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.

Linux/DRA745: memory leak when do animation

Part Number: DRA745

Tool/software: Linux

Dear Android (6AM.1.X) expert,

This issue was found on DRA745 running Andoird 6AM.1.2.

When do scaling and transparency changes for two imageviews to show an animation. The memory consumption of the application keep increasing at speed about 15MB per hour.

This might not be memory leak in our code as it's quite a simple one and we have check it carefully.

We doubt it may caused by graphich related HAL or PVR driver.

We also install our application to on DRA7XX_EVM board runing pure 6AM.1.3 prebuilt image from TI website. This issue still happened.

However, this doesn't happened on 6AL.1.2.

So please Android/Dra7xx expert familarly 6AM.1.X help us fixing this issue.

Thanks!

Li Guangyu

Software engineer from Singulato auto

12 Replies

  • In reply to guangyu li:

    Dear Gowtham,

    Here is some update:
    We tried with 6AM.1.3-P1, memory leak is still there.
    Then we tried 6AO.1.0, no memory leak noticed.

    Wish this could be helpful for you to trace this issue.

    Best Regards,
    Guangyu Li
  • In reply to guangyu li:

    Hi Guangyu,

    Thanks for the update, it is quite an interesting observation. There hasn't been
    much difference in the graphics binaries from 6AM1.3-P1 to 6AO1.0. So far from
    your analysis, the following holds (correct me if I am mistaken)

    • No issue seen with 6AL1.2 and 6AO1.0 releases.
    • Issue is seen with 6AM1.3 and 6AM1.3-P1 releases.
    • With 6AM1.x release the issue is seen with `ro.sf.lcd_density=320` and not with `ro.sf.lcd_density=160`.

    Couple of questions

    • You have attached two scenarios where this is noticed, have you seen this for more scenarios or is this restricted to these two from your testing so far.
    • Do you see memory being reclaimed on closing the application.

    I have tried reproducing this issue with our intermediate release leading to
    6AO1.0 and could not reproduce in it. So far its likely isolated to 6AM1.3
    release. I don't have any updates on the fix yet but this is still in active
    debug.

    Thanks,
    Gowtham

This thread has been locked.

If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.