Greetings!I am trying to build an example project imported from the am335x_sysbios_ind_sdk_184.108.40.206.I use the Resource Explorer to bring in the uartecho example.When I try to build it, I get the the following console output:**** Build of configuration Debug for project uartecho ****C:\ti\ccsv5\utils\bin\gmake -k all gmake: Target `all' not remade because of errors.**** Build Finished ****No errors or warnings are listed in the problem window, so I am at a loss to figure out what is wrong.Tools:CCS 5.2.1.00018SYSBIOS 6.33.06.50XDC 3.23.04.60If I bring in a sysbios example, such as the hello, it builds fine.Is there something else I have to do to use the Industrial SDK SYSBIOS examples?Gerry Belanger
yes, I have seen this issue numerous times when importing a project into CCS. In most cases it can be solved by either:
1) double-click (open) the projects .cfg file. This calls background processing of Sys/Bios and generates some code that might be missing.
2) open the projects Properties window - enable advanced settings - click on 'C/C++ Build' - disable check for 'Use default build command'
This seems to cure issues with the build tools not found. I never figured the details of the issue. I assume it has to do with changing install paths for tools or CCS overall. If that doesn't help you might be better off posting the question in the CCS support forum. As the UartEcho example really is not very sophisticated this has nothing to do with Sitara device or Industrial use cases.
You may also try making make more verbose with the --debug option.
Try the various options (listed below) to see where the actual make process goes wrong.
* a for all debugging (same as make -d and make --debug). This option usually is way too verbose * b for basic debugging. * v for slightly more verbose basic debugging. * i for implicit rules. * j for invocation information. * m for information during makefile remakes.
Thanks for the hint. I actually started this thread in the CCS support forum because I believe it is a problem with properly importing examples into CCS.
Apparently a moderator moved it here where more people might see it.
Meanwhile, since I want to run it on the BeagleBone anyway, I created a sysbios project, imported the uartecho.c, and proceeded to bring in pieces as needed. I am now working my way through the driver library and uart infrastructure. This is all part of getting up the learning curve for CCS and SYSBIOS. I think I will have it working pretty soon.
ok, quite unusual use case for our IA-SDK... Make sure you catch the hardware differences by comparing the board schematics and that you apply appropriate pin-muxing.
As long as you don't try to port any of our industrial protocols to Beaglebone however it is fine with me. Just don't see any of the driver code in IA-SDK as reference code for a Sys/Bios 6 driver. We are focusing on Industrial protocol software development and just use Sys/Bios 6 as it is very convenient for us. Unfotrunately we do not have a real AM335x BSP for any of our boards. You may find better Sys/Bios examples in the DSP platform packages or even in the just released MCU SDK.
Your suggestion on opening the cfg file did the trick with the imported IDK project. It then built fine. Which answered my original question.
As far as industrial communications, I have no need for that. I may play with the PRU for other stuff, but that is not in my development plan at this time.
For my test code, I just wanted an example of a uart running under interrupt in SYSBIOS. From there I would build my test app.
As far as pinmux, I wanted to use UART0, not the 3 and 5 in the IDK, so I added that instance to my test build (not the IDK project). Every thing is now compiling and building. When I run, SYSBIOS crashes where the UART ISR is started, so I have some debugging to do.
Thanks for the help!
sounds like UART0 module is not clocked yet... but that is a pure guess.
The clocking was ok - I copied the scheme used for uart 3 and 5, just adding the Uart 0 stuff to the various switch statements. I missed one spot when I cut and pasted to create the ISR for Uart 0. Once I found and fixed that, it worked as expected.
Next I will borrow some of the uart receive logic in the profibus slave demo. This will give me a shell to write test routines for my hardware, and to play with some of the SYSBIOS features.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.