This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Part Number: TLV320AIC3120
Is it possible to change the sampling rate dynamically / on the fly in the TLV320AIC3120?
Regards,Collin WellsPrecision ADC Applications
When changing clock settings, assuming AIC3120.
1) Keep MCLK running for current sample rate.
2) Power Down ADC and DACs.
3) Wait for ADC and DAC powerup flags to clear (time may vary upon soft-stepping setting). This is on page 0, registers 36 and 37.
4) Shut down PLL
5) External MCLK signal can now be changed, if necessary.
6) If codec is I2S master, set BCLK divider properly.
7) Change PLL settings and powerup PLL.
8) Wait 10ms for PLL to lock.
9) Set clock divider values (e.g. DOSR, MDAC, NDAC, AOSR, MADC, NADC) as well as miniDSP settings (i.e. interpolation/decimation factors).
10) Power-up ADC and DACs when desired.
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.