This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
How do I develop code for the miniDSPs inside the TLV320AIC CODECs and ADCs?
Regards,Collin WellsPrecision ADC Applications
To start miniDSP code development, you need to:
1. Obtain an EVM:
TLV320ADC3101EVM-K TLV320AIC3111EVM-K TLV320AIC3120EVM-U TLV320AIC3253EVM-K TLV320AIC3254EVM-K TLV320AIC3254EVM-U TLV320AIC3256EVM-U TLV320AIC3262EVM-U TLV320AIC3263EVM-U TLV320AIC3268EVM-U TLV320AIC36EVM-K PCM3070RHBEVM-K
2. Obtain access to the PurePath Studio software: http://www.ti.com/tool/aicpurepath_studio. This will also provide access to documentation.
3. (Optional) Obtain the EVM Control Software (found on each link above) to easily configure the device registers.
4. Run PurePath Studio and enjoy!
- How to edit the device configuration (SystemSettingsCode): https://e2e.ti.com/support/audio/f/6/p/773140/2859185#2859185
- How to generate a header file for implementation in the end-system: https://e2e.ti.com/support/audio/f/6/p/773129/2859161#2859161
- Calculate hex values for coefficients: https://e2e.ti.com/support/audio/f/6/p/773105/2859082#2859082
These devices can be configured extensively to allow the lowest power consumption. One of this methods is to adjust the number of cycles per frame of the DSPs. However this has restrictions that need to be taken into account as explained here: https://e2e.ti.com/support/audio/f/6/p/773090/2859067?tisearch=e2e-sitesearch&keymatch=%20user:35731#2859067
Coefficients can be changed on the fly with an MCU thanks to the Adaptive Mode of these parts. More information can be found in this app note and in this FAQ: https://e2e.ti.com/support/audio/f/6/p/773127/2859157#2859157
Hope this helps!
TLV320ADC3001, TLV320ADC3101, TLV320AIC3111, TLV320AIC3120, TLV320AIC3253, TLV320AIC3254, TLV320AIC3254, TLV320AIC3256, TLV320AIC3262, TLV320AIC3263, TLV320AIC3268, TLV320AIC36, PCM3070,
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.