This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Part Number: LMK04826BEVM
We have purchased evaluation (LMK04826BEVM) Board for internal testing purpose .
We have following quires
1) We are getting outputs without feeding clock input ( Isolated on board Oscillator )
2) we are getting outputs even after disabling the PLL1 and PLL2 through the TICSPro software.
The LMK04826 has an internal VCO, which has separate powerdown controls (VCO_PD, VCO_LDO_PD) from the PLL powerdowns. If the VCO is not powered down, and the VCO_MUX is assigned to one of the VCO signals, the VCO and therefore the outputs will still oscillate open-loop. Please confirm that the VCOs are powered down by setting VCO_PD = 1 and VCO_LDO_PD = 1, and check the outputs again.
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
In reply to Derek Payne:
Thank you for your response
1) We are getting noise on the output even after selecting power down ( VCO_PD, VCO_LDO_PD ) option.
2) VCO/Clock Dist. frequency is showing 0 MHZ in the tool after selecting following Points. Please find software Screen shot
OSCin Source= External VCXO
The issue is getting clock outputs and even VCO/Clock Dist. frequency is showing 0 MHZ in software.
3) We are using three LMK04826 for JESD204B. We want three LMK's to be in sync. Suggest us which input(CLKin0,CLKin1,CLKin2,Oscin) will enable all the outputs. If possible please provide us the clocking scheme how multiple devices to be connected for JESD204B.
4) Are these outputs depended on input clock or will it generate from internal VCXO's ??
In reply to bharathkumar Nagavelly:
Thank you for response. I will update you
N Bharath Kumar
We haven't heard from you in some time, so I'm marking this thread as resolved. Let me know if this issue requires further attention.
Please find the attached setup file(.tcs).
We have implemented as per you suggestions even then output remains same.
We are getting clock outputs even after disconnecting on board Oscillator.
N Bharath Kumar
You have this selection:
VCO1 will continue to oscillate even after on-board oscillator is disconnected. To disable the VCO entirely, set VCO_PD and VCO_LDO_PD bits to 1:
Alternately, if you would like to preserve VCO calibration when outputs should be disabled, please use the CLKoutX_Y_PD bits:
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.