Part Number: LMK03328
Hi allWould you mind if we ask LMK03328?Could you refer to the attachment file "20200213_LMK03328EVM.pdf"?20200213_LMK03328EVM.pdfThe following is the TCS file which is relation to our questions.20200213_LMK03328_A.tcsKind regards,Hirotaka Matsumoto
PRIREF doesn't need to be present. SECREF alone is sufficient.
I have very limited lab access right now so let me first explain the basic debugging procedures:
1. Check PLL lock status and if SECREF is valid. To do so, go to status page, configure the two status pins and observe the status LEDs on the board. For example, SECREF LOS means loss of SECREF, when it's active, it means that SECREF is lost; PLL2 LOL means PLL2 loss of lock.
2. If reference is valid but PLL is not locked, load default configuration first for sanity check (in the tool bar, go to "default configuration" -> "EVM default")
3. If reference is valid and PLL is locked but there's no output, check and make sure that the SYNCN pin is high and the output is not disabled or powered down. Also make sure that the SYNCN bit is high.
In general, please start from EVM default and use the wizard page to configure the device. If the problem persists, then I'll let my coworker help check it in the lab.
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
In reply to Hao Z:
Hao sanThank you for your reply.1. Check PLL lock status and if SECREF is valid. To do so, go to status page, configure the two status pins and observe the status LEDs on the board. For example, SECREF LOS means loss of SECREF, when it's active, it means that SECREF is lost; PLL2 LOL means PLL2 loss of lock.->Please refer to the page4 and page 5 on the attachment file. In case of PLL = lock status, the STAT1 LED turns on with our TICSPRO's setting. Therefore, it seems to keep Lock condition. 20200214_LMK03328EVM.pdf
2. If reference is valid but PLL is not locked, load default configuration first for sanity check (in the tool bar, go to "default configuration" -> "EVM default")->EVM doesn't have any damege. EVM operates in any case which includes default setting.
3. If reference is valid and PLL is locked but there's no output, check and make sure that the SYNCN pin is high and the output is not disabled or powered down. Also make sure that the SYNCN bit is high.->Could you refer to .tcs file which we attached yesterday? We confirmed as follows; -SYNCN pin is high -Outputs are enable -Outputs are not powered down.If the problem persists, then I'll let my coworker help check it in the lab.->Yes, could you check our phenomenon using LMK03328EVM?Kind regards,Hirotaka Matsumoto
In reply to Hirotaka Matsumoto:
I was able to successfully reproduce this problem on our LMK03328EVM board and have determined an explanation / solution.
In your configuration, the SYNC_AUTO and SYNC_MUTE fields are enabled. This means that upon startup of the device, a synchronization event begins and all of the outputs are muted. Because PRIREF is not connected, there is no output on OUT4 so all of the outputs cannot be properly synchronized which results in the outputs staying muted.
If you disable the SYNC_AUTO field, this behavior should not occur. A synchronization event can be manually issued later after PRIREF has been turned on. Alternatively, you can choose to bypass the mute function for each output by changing the CHX_MUTE_LVL field to "Mute Bypass"
Hopefully this resolves your issue.
In reply to Adam Siismets:
Adam sanThank you so much for your cooperation!We could confirm that this resolved our issue using our LMK03328EVM!Kind regards,Hirotaka Matsumoto
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.