Part Number: TPL0102-100
1.regarding tolerance of 20% end to end.
does the table list of all the resistance in page 15 are reliable?
2. BIT ASSIGNMENT : BIT 7= VOL, BIT 6=SHDN, BIT 5= WIP .
Does BIT 0,1,2,3,4,5 are register address?
1. The total resistance can vary ±20%, but the linearity is still ±0.5LSB. So that values in the table could vary ±20% as well, but they would all vary nearly the same amount. So for example, in the worst case, all values would be +20% larger, but it is not possible for one value to be +20% and the next to -20%.
2. The ACR is its own register, with the address of 0x10. Bits 0-4 are "don't-care" or reserved bits.
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
In reply to Paul_Frost:
1. that could be a problem for my design since it base on a static resistance in power up.
do you have other component that have 1% tolerance in total resistance?
2. according to your answer, after ACR configuration I need to send another 8 bits of op code.
In reply to kobi cohen1:
Could you give a little more detail about your application? Maybe a precision DAC could solve this.
In regards to the ACR register - this register is just like any other. It can be read and written to using the same methods as described in section 7.5.2 of the PDS.
the project is accurate dynamic power regulator from 0.6V-5V.
The Board will have 8 power circuit like that can be adjustable.
so I need to have stable known resistors that I can change and control via micro controller.
Could you consider using a precision DAC? As shown here:
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.