I need your help.
1. My customer want to use under "slave mode" for SRC4190.
SDIN(Pin #4) : Input / BCKI(Pin #5) : Input / LRCKI(Pin #6) : Input
SDOUT(Pin #23) : Output / LRCKO(Pin #24) : Input / BCKO(Pin #25) : Input
"TABLE 1" on page 16, data sheet shows 2 setting for slave mode.
Which, "000" or "100), is suitable for above slave mode setting?
2. RCKI(Pin #2) will not be needed for slave mode usage(no input).
I am wondering Pull-up to Vcc or Pull-down to GND will be better for RCKI, no use input pin?
Sorry we missed your post last week. We will check it out ASAP.
Audio Applications Engineering Manager
Dallas, TX USA
1) Either of these settings is suitable for slave mode.
2) A GND pull-down would be recommended.
Thank you for your reply.
One Japanese engineer mentioned that RCKI should be input even if slave mode.
I am confusing which is correct.
Could you please double-confirm whether RCKI input is not needed under slave mode
or not. Sorry, again.
The RCKI should be needed as a reference source for the SRC. For parts like SRC4392, MCLK or RXCKI can be chosen as a reference but the SRC4190 only has the RCKI.
I understand RCKI is needed as reference source.
I am having several questions about RCKI under slave mode.
Please teach me.
1. Should RCKI synchronous any other external signal? Asynchronous is OK?
2. If asunchronous is OK, How about the spec of RCKI input? For instance, frequency, etc.
3. in the case of our application, RCKI will be interrupted or unstable at TV channel change. Can SRC4190 work correctly under such RCKI condition? What is happened inside of SRC4190?
4. How to solve above malfunction if there was a problem? RESET is needed?
5. How log will be needed from RESET force to RESET release(chip active)?
1) RXCKI must be a multiple of fs, (128, 256, 512) but does not need to be synchronous.
2) RXCKI min frequency is 128xfs, and max is 50MHz, per page 4 of the datasheet. If it is an external source, a low jitter source is recommended as well.
3) The SRC4190 will not work without the reference clock.
4) Re-applying the reference clock should be all that is needed.
5) An active RXCKI must be provided, and RST must be asserted for a minimum of 500nS to force a reset (per page 16 of the datasheet).
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.