We have developed several devices based on TAS3108. TI declared this processor NRND.
After searching websites and reading documentations some questions remained unanswered:
1) has TI stopped manufacturing TAS3108 and for how long will we be able to buy these components in the future?
2) TI recommends TMS320C5532 as replacement, will there be a new version of TAS processor or is TI abandoning the concept?
3) can Pure Path studio be used with alternative DSP processor TMS320C5532 and is there any documentation about this?
Thank you in advance for your help.
1) Suggest you check this thread: http://e2e.ti.com/support/applications/audio/f/22/p/154529/559872.aspx#559872
2) We are always evaluating the market for new audio devices
3) No, PurePath only works for specific devices.
Audio Applications Engineering Manager
Dallas, TX USA
thank you very much for your answer.
I guess we will have to stick with TAS as long as we can.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.