• Resolved

CCS: Debugger "Out Of Sync" With sources

Tool/software: Code Composer Studio

Hello,

I have encountered a troubling issue in which when i try to debug a function the debugger is totally out of sync - behaves as if the shown source is not the one that generated to code.

All optimizations are OFF everything is up to date.

some other functions on the same file seemed to be OK.

I have tried splitting the file into two files and then it seems to be working as it should.

Is there a limit as to the length of a source file? if so  what is it and is there a way to change/control it? (i am not sure that this is actually the issue - all i know that this enabled me to debug the function i could not before)

are the any another ideas as to why this may happen and how to resolve it -- i rather, if possible,  have one single file for these functions.

Thanks

Guy

  • Guru 144275 points

    What is the size of the source file that is giving you trouble? I didn't think there was a specific limit as such but perhaps the very large size is messing up the debug information generated by the compiler. 

    Guy Mardiks
    All optimizations are OFF everything is up to date.

    Did you also make sure that there are no file specific options that turns on optimization for that file?

    Btw, which target device are you building for?

    ____________________________________________________________________________

    Please click This Resolved My Issue if the reply answers your question.

    Search the wikis for common questions: Compiler, CCSv6, CCSv7
    Track a known bug with SDOWP. Enter the bug id in the "Find Record ID" box

  • In reply to AartiG:

    Hi,
    NO optimizations are on. target device is TDA2xx (specifically the M4 core).

    after some more tries i ended up copying the ENTIRE content of the original file to a newly created file and it worked (so it had nothing to do with the length of the file).
    I have no idea what is cause of this weird issue (the two files, original and working have no noticeable differences).

    I mark this i resolved as, for now at least, it seems to be working but i will still appreciate any thought,ideas,insights as to what could be the cause of such a thing and how to avoid/prevent it...

    Thanks
    Guy
  • Guru 144275 points

    In reply to Guy Mardiks:

    The debugger seems to have somehow lost source code correlation but I'm not really sure what could have triggered this. I am glad to hear that you have this working again, and thank you for providing the update.

    ____________________________________________________________________________

    Please click This Resolved My Issue if the reply answers your question.

    Search the wikis for common questions: Compiler, CCSv6, CCSv7
    Track a known bug with SDOWP. Enter the bug id in the "Find Record ID" box