I am using CCS5.2.1.00018, if I go to check for updates the progress bar gets stuck at 50% and stays there for ever ( I let it run for a couple of days). It does not tell me what software it found or anything. Any suggestion on how to solve this.
what OS do you use? Are you looking for a particular update? How did you install 5.2.1? What do you see in Window->Preferences->install/Update->Available Software Sites?
Do you have full permissions and a correctly set proxy?
what OS do you use? XP
Are you looking for a particular update? Well I'd rather have it working so I don't have to chase every single components individually
How did you install 5.2.1? manually I went to a site then downloaded a zipped file then ran it
What do you see in Window->Preferences->install/Update->Available Software Sites? Please see attached
Do you have full permissions and a correctly set proxy? I am pretty sure because it used to work before
I appreciate the help
that is odd if it used to work. Did you make any changes to your setup? What if you uncheck the file:/ ones and try again?
Not really. I unchecked all and re- enabled some. Same behavior is there any reason why it is saying CCS5.1 in the picture below, my rev is 5.2?
the site exists so should not be the cause of the issue. Has anything changed since it started to hang?
thank you for the prompt responses this issue is so annoying:)
No nothing that's how it behaves it goes to 50% and stays there.
I had a new pop up shown below, I hope this can help solve it:
does it always hang at the same one? Ie that emulation one? Have you tried unchecking that?
Did you uncheck the file ones as suggested?
Thanks, when I unchecked all and checked only the one I needed( spectrum digital Emulation updates)it worked fine,
it must one of those choices that caused the problem. If I have time I might try to figure out which one caused the problem.
yes if you find the one causing problems, please do report this back, but I am glad that you updated what you wanted to.
All the best with development.
this is weird, it seams like there are a couple of choices that could cause the problem: Target content update, TI simulator...hmm it there anything specific about these that is different than the one that works (spectrum digital Emulation updates)...
I also find that there seems to, at least currently, be an issue with the target content update site. However, by default (perhaps with reason) this site was not enabled for me. Did you enable extra/non default sites?
I did yesterday when we were testing which ones were working or not, it seams most of them don't work
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.