I tried to use webbench for simulating our existing LM2743 design. I started with following inputs:
Vin range 10 to 14V, Vout 1.2V, 6A
The bode plot runs, but the result looks crazy. The load transient simulation failed to run at all.
When changing the Vin range to 11 to 14V, the load transient simulation runs, but the result now looks crazy too. The Vout should be some 1.2V, but it shows a plot running between 0.2 up to 0.5 V. Changing some component values manually does not give any improvements.
Any hints to get the simulation close to the reality?
Thanks in advance
There seems to be a problem with the initial condition assignment on the transient sims. We will try and fix that soon. Although for the bode plot sim, when I changed the frequency using the optimization knob to anything higher or lower, I got good results. But we are also looking at why the position 3 sim failed. We will let you know about the corrections.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.