This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Part Number: DLP9000
My DLP9000 is cropping the image into half after I uploaded firmware. My original goal was to upload a new default batch file that contains the setting that I normally use for my applications.
One main observation, the firmware revision on the board is now v4.1.0 and the old one was v4.0.0. I am trying to go back to v4.0.0, because I suspect the image cropping might have something to do with the firmware version.
I use 'Video Pattern mode" and an HDMI cable.
Welcome to the DLP section of the TI-E2E forums.
When you built the firmware image (*.img) for the DLPLCR9000EVM it should have produced two files - a master and a slave image. It sounds like only one image got loaded or that one of the images got loaded into both controllers. The build process splits the images and embeds in the target - master or slave.
So if you loaded the master *.img file into both, the slave will have the master side of the image in it, but will not display it, since it is not the side it is controlling and you would get an image that is only on the master side of the DMD. The same would happen on the other side of the DMD if the slave image was loaded into both.
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
In reply to Fizix:
Thank you for your answer.
It is possible that your explanation is correct; but I do not understand how the images would have ended up where there should not be? I selected a master and a slave image as shown in the pic. Please let me know if there is a setting that is not configured right.
Also, how can I get access to DLPR900PROM- 4.0.0? The system came with 4.0.0, but all I see online is DLPR900PROM- 4.1.0. I suspect firmware version might have something to do with the issue.
In reply to david315:
Thanks for the reply.
I finally figured it out. When I updated the firmware; I checked the 'DMD Bus Swap' option and left the slaves blank. Now this worked because my system was modified by a third party. It may not be a universal solution for everyone having the same problem.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.