This thread has been locked.

If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.

  • Resolved

DLP9000: Image cropping after uploading batch file

Part Number: DLP9000

Hi

My DLP9000 is cropping the image into half after I uploaded firmware. My original goal was to upload a new default batch file that contains the setting that I normally use for my applications. 

One main observation, the firmware revision on the board is now v4.1.0 and the old one was v4.0.0. I am trying to go back to v4.0.0, because I suspect the image cropping might have something to do with the firmware version.

I use 'Video Pattern mode" and an HDMI cable.

Any thoughts?

  • Hello David,

    Welcome to the DLP section of the TI-E2E forums.

    When you built the firmware image (*.img) for the DLPLCR9000EVM it should have produced two files - a master and a slave image.  It sounds like only one image got loaded or that one of the images got loaded into both controllers. The build process splits the images and embeds in the target - master or slave.

    So if you loaded the master *.img file into both, the slave will have the master side of the image in it, but will not display it, since it is not the side it is controlling and you would get an image that is only on the master side of the DMD.  The same would happen on the other side of the DMD if the slave image was loaded into both.

    Fizix

  • In reply to Fizix:

    Hi Fizix,

    Thank you for your answer.

    It is possible that your explanation is correct; but I do not understand how the images would have ended up where there should not be? I selected a master and a slave image as shown in the pic. Please let me know if there is a setting that is not configured right.

    Also, how can I get access to DLPR900PROM- 4.0.0? The system came with 4.0.0, but all I see online is DLPR900PROM- 4.1.0. I suspect firmware version might have something to do with the issue.

    David

  • In reply to david315:

    David,

    TI policy unfortunately does not allow posting a firmware file or sending it via e-mail. It must be done through the TI website (such as the link for version 4.1 which is currently posted).

    However, If you have had previous version, the files may be on your system. Do a search on your machine for folders named "DLPR900PROM-xx.xx.xx" where "xx.xx.xx" is the version number (such as 4.1.0). I would just search for "DLPR900PROM" and it should show any previous versions you already have on your machine.
  • In reply to Fizix:

    David,

    I have investigated the differences between 4.0.0 and 4.1.0. The only difference was adding functionality in the firmware to respond to the Park & Unpark command that was added to the API. Nothing else was changed.

    We have had reports on a few systems that reloading the firmware a second time corrects some of these types of issues.

    Fizix
  • In reply to Fizix:

    Thanks for the reply.

    I finally figured it out. When I updated the firmware; I checked the 'DMD Bus Swap' option and left the slaves blank. Now this worked because my system was modified by a third party. It may not be a universal solution for everyone having the same problem.

    David

  • In reply to david315:

    David,

    Thanks for the reply back. It may be helpful for some, so thank you again!

This thread has been locked.

If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.