I need to make a modification to the emac_drv.c file. How can I rebuild the emac library?
We have provided the make file in the EMAC folder. You can use that to rebuild the library.
If you need more help, please reply back. If this answers the question,
please click Verify Answer , below.
In reply to ArunMani:
So do I just call "make makefile" from cmd window in the emac folder?
In reply to will Resnick:
Yes, But you might need to change the folder information to suit your folder structure.
So in the command window I am currently at "C:\ti\pdk_C6657_1_1_2_5\packages\ti\drv\emac". I typed "make makefile" and got "make: Nothing to be done for 'makefile'. I must be doing something wrong to rebuild the emac library but I am not sure what.
I just received this from einfochips. They are the 6657 board designers.
1) Edit pdksetupenv.sh(linux)/pdksetupenv.bat(windows) and pdkbuilder.sh/pdkbuilder.bat file according to your environment. Both files are available at <PDK_INSTALL_DIR>/packages/ti/drv/
2) Edit include path in Makefile available at <PDK_INSTALL_DIR>/packages/ti/drv/emac/.
3) Open command prompt and go to <PDK_INSTALL_DIR>/packages directory.
4) Run pdksetupenv.sh(linux)/pdksetupenv.bat(windows) file.
5) Run pdkbuilder.sh/pdkbuilder.bat file from <PDK_INSTALL_DIR>/packages directory. After successful compilation your emac library file will be available at <PDK_INSTALL_DIR>/packages/ti/drv/emac/lib
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.