Part Number: EVMK2H
Hi to all
I bought the EVMK2H and was working with, till today between my tests, I faced with SOC Power Failure on LCD screen. My EVM version is Rev 40 (A104-1).What should I do exactly? my BMC version is 18.104.22.168 and think no need to be updated. But I don't know should I update UCD? if yes, Please tell me what should I do step by step?
Thanks a lot.
In reply to patrick NA:
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
I programmed "UCD9090_104_A04_TI_30%_20151120" with TI Fusion Design and saw voltage sequence as the below picture.
As the 6th page in schematic(Power_Sequence), I expect "VCC3V3_AUX" be the first voltage after "VCC12", but in the below picture, as you can see, two voltage ("VCC1V8" & "CVDD") raised before "VCC3V3_AUX" and I think this is wrong. Are you sure about the "UCD9090_104_A04_TI_30%_20151120.XML" ?
Did you pull the files from the links provided in the wiki page? The WIKI page was updated last year to make it explicitly point to the proper files. (Different tabs on the Advantech web pages contain older file versions that are not valid for the update.) Here is the WIKI link again:
Below are several recent E2E threads where customers had the same observation that you do. Proper file version and configuration and Python tool version are needed to make this work properly:
Regards,Tom JohnsonHardware Applications EngineerEmbedded Processors
In reply to Tom Johnson 16214:
Thanks for help. I decide to run all steps again to explain what I do for programming UCDs step by step. Please tell me if I do wrong any step in my programming.
1. I download python-2.7.5.amd64.msi" from this link : and install by double click on windows 7 64 bit.
2. Download "pyserial-2.6.tar.gz" from this link and extract.
3. Download "BMC_EVMK2K_1_0_2_6-20160330" from this link and extract.
4. Download the latest configuration files (txt files) from this link: and extract.
5. Open CMD and change directory to pyserial download folder.
6. Install pyserial with this command in CMD: C:\Python27\python.exe setup.py install
7. Change directory to "python bmc_tool.py" folder(../BMC_EVMK2K_1_0_2_6-20160330\ks2evm-bmc-v22.214.171.124\bmc_tool). (I checked the line 239 and it is 256)
8. Make sure that the mini-usb cable is plugged into the port on the base board. (and not connected to the daughter card) And I am sure that no other program is connected to the BMC serial port.
9. Launch the BMC Tool. From the directory of the bmc_tool.py file, give the following command: "python bmc_tool.py". I have COM7 and COM8 port and I selected COM8.
10. Turn on the EVM with plug in power cable to DC_IN1 jack. (Boot mode= No boot)
11. Click the open button and select "UCD9090_104_A04_TI_30%_20151120.txt" and click the execute button.
12. I saw "Finished sending all commands" window and hit ok to close it.
13. Close bmc_tool, unplug power cable and turn the board off.
14. Repeat my work from step 9 again two times for programming "UCD9244_52_A05.txt" and "UCD9244_78_A04.txt" respectively.
After That I hit Get Versions and see this
I have my own problem yet.
Some times shows on start up after clocks register test :
[00:00:02] SOC PWR Start Complete[00:00:02] SOC RST Begin[00:00:02] Current BootMode is set to DSP No-Boot[00:00:02] SOC RST Complete[00:00:02] BOOT COMPLETE
[00:00:03] Error: SOC_POWER_GOOD signal has de-asserted. Shutting down soc power.
[00:00:03] Full Reset Begin[00:00:03] Full Reset Complete[00:00:03] POR Begin[00:00:03] POR Complete[00:00:03] SOC PWR Stop Begin[00:00:04] SOC PWR Stop CompleteBMC>
and some times shows:
[00:00:04] Failed[00:00:04] EVM setup has encountered the following error: The signal SOC_POWER_GOOD has failed to assert[00:00:04] SOC PWR Stop Begin[00:00:04] SOC PWR Stop Complete[00:00:04] HWDBG is set to ON, evm setup will now halt.[00:00:04] To alter this behavior, please use the hwdbg command.BMC>
I have no idea any more. Do I wrong step? Please help me.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.