I have Beagleboard XM and using Anroid OS.Android OS provide me my needs and I dont want to write an app for it.But I want to customize OS itself.
-Changing icons,UI etc.
-Customizing built in applications(camera,gallery)
-Disabling some phone-related options(because it wont run on phone)
Can anybode show me the route that I should go?
1. To change icon for individual application; you need to go through application(camera,gallery)->res folder and change icon images.
2. To disable phone related option: refer to "build/target/product/sdk.mk". Comment components which you do not want and build the system again
Kindly click the verify answer button on this post if it answer your question.
First thanks for your answer.
I am using prebuilt image of TI.I want to ask that where can I find source of that apps?
Than where can I find build/target/product/sdk.mk.
There are multiple ways again.
1. if you are using prebuilt images and just would like to play around, they you can manually delete application from "system/app" folder and reboot the system. But I would not recommend this approach.
2. TI source you can find on @ http://www.ti.com/sitara-android or http://arowboat.org. Kindly follow the user guide for the release you are using
You can find that directory (build/target/product/sdk.mk) in source code as well
3. One more approach is go to source directory: packages->apps-><gallery,camera or phone - whatever you want>->AndroidManisfest.xml
e.g. To disable camera, open
and comment following lines
<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
<category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
Can you point me on how to remove the existing dock applications from the Android Launcher. I would like to remove the phone and browser buttons and keep only the app drawer button. I went through the source code but couldn't notice three buttons being created. I was able to achieve the same with different home replacement app but it would be nice if I could do it with default launcher app. It would be also great if I could replace the phone and browser apps with custom made apps.
1. if you would like to remove mentioned apps likes phone, mms etc. from the build itsself, then follow below link. It will help you out
2. Second but ugly way is to remove package from /system/app. I do not recommend this one
3. Third is as mentioned in above thread, remove intent filter "LAUNCHER".
I hope this will help you.
Thanks Satish for the info. I was able to remove the in-built apps and add my custom apps to the dock by editing the Launcher app. I followed the RowboPerf source code.
Hi satish ,
Please let us know how to remove the lock screen from the Android . We would like to show directly show the screen after lock screen is removed .
We are very new to android . We would like to get some help in this regard .
We have documented the same at
I hope this will resolve your problem
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.