Part Number: ISO7742
Hello support team,
I have some questions regarding UL certification of ISO7742DW.I confirmed the status of ISO 7742 by UL certification search.Just to be sure, I'd like to confirm the following contents.
A question1. Is the UL certification condition correct as follows?- UL file No: E181974- Product category: FPPT 2- Withstanding isolation voltage: 5700 Vac
2. The withstanding isolation voltage is specified as 5000 Vrms in the data sheet, why?Isn't it 5700 Vrms?
3. cUL certification (FPPT8) does not seem to be certified. Is it correct?
Best regards,M. Tachibana
My responses to your questions are below:
1. Yes, the information you listed is correct.
2. We've certified ISO7742DW at 5.7 KVrms per UL 1577 but we're only guaranteeing 5 kVrms in the data sheet. If you need 5.7 kVrms for your application, then I suggest you consider ISO7842DW for your application.
3. That's correct, we don't have cUL certification but if you need Canadian certification then please note that this device is CSA certified already.
Isolation Products, Texas Instruments
In reply to Saleem Marwat:
In reply to Masanori Tachibana:
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.