I'm trying to test the "SimpliciTI
End Device" example project from the SimpliciTI root directory(..\SimpliciTI-1.0.6\Projects\Examples\Peer
applications\SRF04\2 simple End Devices with bi-di\) on 2 CC1110 EM's on the smartRF04EB.
One EM is compiled with main_LinkListen
and the other one with main_LinkTo.
On run both EM's have their 1,3 leds
on. When pressing S1 on 'listen' EM only the led3 stays on. When pressing S1 on
the 'Link' EM, leds 1,3 start blinking.
Here's where the problem is- no actual
linking seems to be made. The leds on both EM's stay in the same status. The '
function returns 'smplStatus_t' with TIMEOUT value.
i also did the following:
defined different addresses in the .bat file. for each device;
One test I performed and worked fine was to run one device application
on the CC1111DK dongle and the other one on the CC1110EM and this way
the communication between the 2 worked as expected. I also tried to use
the same RF definitions from smartrf_cc1111.h in smartrf_cc1110.h.
The problem might be something with my setup, but I cant find what it is.
simple PER test between the 2 cc1110EM worked fine on 433Mhz - 915Mhz.
It appaears that i have the same problem, I am using Simpliciti 1.1.1 and IAR EW8051 V7.51A. I compile the supplied source (Simple_Peer_To_Peer.eww) with no changes except to assign a different address to the second node and the link fails with the time out error when I try CC1110DK_EM433 rev 1.4 modules. However CC2430DK_EM Rev 1.6 radios on smartRF04EB rev1.9 and CC2430DB Rev 1.3 work fine. I follow the instructions in the Simpliciti Sample Application Users Guide without success. I have snooped on 433 mHz with our spectrum analyser and the smartRF packet sniffer using the same settings as the CC1110DK_EM433 modules, it appears that no transmissions are occurring. I have examined smartrf_CC1110.h and i suspected that the radio is being configured for a frequency other than 433 mHz. I altered this file then tried again but it still doesn't work
OK, I have fixed my problem.
I was right about smartrf_CC1110.h", it is not configuring the SoC for 433 mHz operation. My first attempt to alter this file was wrong, I exported settings from smartRf Studio for 915 mHz....Doh!!!
Once i realised my mistake i exported for 433mHz, changed the header file and now it works :)
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.