TI E2E Community
Low Power RF & Wireless Connectivity
WLAN Applications Forum
Wilink 8 feature/performance questions
A couple of questions about WiLink 8.
1) Does WiLink 8 automatically switch from 2x2 MIMO to Single Stream “n” in the event that one of the two antennas is not able to receive?
2) Is WEP and WPA2 done in hardware, or does it rely on the host processor to encrypt/decrypt the data in software?
3) And is there a significant throughput difference between Open, WEP or WPA2?
1) WL8 switches automatically between MIMO and SISO (Single Stream). It is based on traffic rates, the SISO supports rates of MCS0-7 and MIMO supports the higher rates span.
2) WEP and WPA2 Encryption and decryption are done in Hardware (only the connection itself and key management is done by Host Driver)
3) there is no significant throughput difference between Open, WEP or WPA2
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.