Hello, I am using the eZ430-TMS37157 evaluation kit and I want to program the RFID Basestation of this kit.
For programming the RFID Base Board I went through the following steps.
1. I downloaded the RFID baseboard firmware from the TI website (slac350.zip)
2. I downloaded and installed the lastest IAR Kickstart version from the TI website (slac050ag.zip)
3. After building the project in IAR I am getting the following warning.
Warning[Pe223]: function "WDT_HOLD" declared implicitly spi.c 87
Warning[Pe223]: function "WDT_HOLD" declared implicitly spi.c 98
4. I removed the USB daughter board from the basestation and removed resistor R34 and placed it in position of resistor R35. I gave 12V external power supply to this base station (through X1) and connected the MSP-FET430UIF debugging interface to connector JP3.
5. In the IAR project I chose the MSP430 device as MSP430F123. Is this device correct ?
6. Initially while downloading the firmware I got the following message
"The firmware on the TI USB FET does not match the software version. Do you want to update the firmware?" After choosing "Yes" the session crashed and now I am seeing the following error message when I try and download the program "Fatal Error : Could not find the device (Or Device Not Supported) Session Aborted"
What I can do to sucessfully download the basestation firmware to the board? Please let me know.
I am now able to program the Reader firmware (without making any chances in the firmware) into the RFID Reader Base Station Board (slac350.zip) using MSP-FET430UIF.
I have built the project using IAR 5.40 and have included the following files in the IAR project
1. Board defines.h
but I am still getting the following warnings
Also when I try to run the RFID Demo Software GUI (swrc164.zip) the GUI is no longer working with the downloaded firmware and I am getting the following error message when I try to run "Battery Check" or any other function on the GUI.
Error Message : "Battery Check->The Operation has timed out"
When I click on Ok the GUI shows "Communication Error"
Is there any change that I need to make in the RFID Reader firmware files for IAR 5.40 to ensure that it works with the GUI.
I would appreciate any help in this matter.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.