Part Number: DRV8320
I'm having problems with DRV8320H. Motor hums but does not spin.
I am running with following settings..
* Supply Voltage 12.5V@24A.
* 1x PWM with MODE pin floating.
* PWM / I/O controlling from Arduino.
* IDRIVE and VDS are pulled up to DVDD with 18K resistor.
* Motor resistance between each phase is 0.3 Ohm.
* Motor configured as Delta Winding.
Hector HernandezMotor Applications Team
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
In reply to Hector Hernandez Luque:
1. Is a fault being generated?
2. Is this your own board or TI EVM?
My own board.
3. Do you have a load? Please, spin motor without load first.
No Load at all.
4. Does VM = VDRAIN = 12.5 V?
When running it's 12.20V.
5. Have you verified the schematic and the connections to each FET are valid? No open nodes GHx, GLx, SHx.
Yes, everything checked.
6. Have you verified connections from FETs to motor are valid?
What is the drive time in between each states in 1x PWM mode?
I am using 4000ns drive time and 100ns dead time.
* Motor is working with delta and star configuration with other non-Ti Ebay controllers .
* SLA, SLB, and SLC are connected to ground.
* Mosfet specs...
Logic Level Gate Drive (+/-20v max)• 75A, 30V • On-Resistance, rDS(ON) = 0.0075Ω
Turn-On Time tON 120 ns
Turn-On Delay Time td(ON) - 16 - ns
Rise Time tr - 65 - ns
Turn-Off Delay Time td(OFF) - 90 - ns
Fall Time tf - 55 - ns
Turn-Off Time tOFF - - 218 ns
In reply to Raj44:
Hi Raj, Are you using hall sensors?
Hi Raj, 1. Have you measured DVDD to make sure it is 3.3V? 2. Your delai and SPEED parameters are how much regarding time? 3. Your PWM is 3.921 kHz, correct?
1. Have you measured DVDD to make sure it is 3.3V?
2. Your delai and SPEED parameters are how much regarding time?
3. Your PWM is 3.921 kHz, correct?
I could not find the Launchpad codes for the evaluation board.... Is it possible to get to see how it drives? Then I can implement on my own board with Arduino...
I need to know exact timing I need to apply in between the commutation states.
Does eval board codes support parallel control? I am trying to achieve with figure18 synchronous 1x PWM mode.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.