Part Number: DRV2605
customer is evaluate the DRV2605 and they got some questions below that need BU helps for comments.
1. In ERM mode, can the DRV2605 be able to output the constant voltage(average) no matter what input voltage is? Not like the higher input voltage, the higher output voltage.
2. The same question in LRA mode, can this device be able to output(Vpp, Vrms) constant voltage no matter what input voltage is?
3. In LRA mode, what is output Vpp? is it output Vrms x 1.414 x 2?
4. According to the product data sheet that say the DRV2605 has an overdrive feature, customer wants to know what is the overdrive function and purpose? Will it possible to damage vibrator?
1. & 2. For the first two questions: the output voltage level is set by using the rated voltage register, 0x16. Now, this device does have a slightly varying output voltage over the power rail range. It is a small variation, I can look it up if you need it. We improved this functionality with the line reg compensation feature in the DRV2625 device.
3. Yes, that would be the formula.
4. The purpose of the overdrive function is to start the movement of an actuator itself quicker. That would mean, the actuator is able to overcome the starting torque much faster, and then the overdrive function turns off in order not to damage the actuator. It will not damage it if it runs in a closed loop and if the settings are in compliance with the data sheet.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.