This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Part Number: Bq27541-G1
It is my understanding that a BQ27541-V200 can be updated to BQ27541-G1. I have 3 questions regarding this process.
1) Is it also possible to re-use the DFI file for V200 to the file for G1?
2) Can this also be done using BQSTUDIO? What changes are required to the procedure?
There is an older document describing the procedure:
3) Do you also have any recommendations for how to verify the fuel gauge functions after we migrate/update the DFI into the new G1 chip?
Jake Salmi, TI Analog Field Applications
1. No. They are different firmware versions so that is not possible.
2. Yes, although bqstudio will not automatically detect v200 given it is older, you can select the G1 from the list and then go to programming to program the g1 firmware.
3. Bqstudio will be able to automatically detect the gauge upon start up.
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.