This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Part Number: BQ27531-G1
In this User Guide, at page 28 there is a mistake:
What I need to know now:
is there any other wrong info in this document?
can you confirm if the below underlined text is false or true:
Thank you in advance,
Update status is 00, and stays 00 after it enable is sent. When learning is complete update status will be 02.
Why do you think the part no which you underline that the gauge detects is wrong?
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
In reply to Onyx Ahiakwo:
Thanks for clarification.
I do not think, I observe in bqStudio that those register bits values are 101, not 010 as specified in document.
So, should I consider this document as a challenge for TI customers to find the n'th mistakes? Is there a prize for this?
Please tell me how many errors should I expect for: dozens, hundreds?
In reply to Marius Boncea:
The feedback has provided to the responsible teams to correct thetrm. Pls understand that changes to the data sheet or TRM of a released device isn't as trivial as simply opening and editing a document in MS word and voila,- it goes live. There are processes that has to followed for a simple edit to occur. Unfortunately, i do not make those rules. In the meanwhile please use bqstudio as the true source and if additional clarification is needed, post on here on the forums. Sorry for the trouble.
Do you have any idea about the behavior from below?
Somehow the gauge does not know that the battery got discharged meanwhile :)
If the gauge has not been properly configured, there is no way you can trust the values from it. You need to program the correct chem id for your cell and should run a learning cycle before the SOC reported by the gauge wil be accurate.
The gauge is properly configured and not even for one exceptional reason its behavior should be like that.
I guess this device is a total failure, having a chaotic documentation also with errors on it, and besides all of that, the technical support seems to be inexistent or incompetent.
I did not expect to find TI in such an infamous condition...
No the gauge is not configured correctly. Your update status is not 02 on all the update status fields. After learning has been completed you need to copy the learned ra tables and qmax to the unlearned field. If the gauge uses an unlearned table you will see the kind of issues you are seeing.
Would you be so kind to indicate the document where this "clue" like "copy the learned ra tables and qmax to the unlearned field" is given?
Though not written for this gauge, the process is the same for our system side gauges.
I did the copy thing and it seems the problem remains.
Can you check in the attached archive, is there anything else that is not properly configured?
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.