Part Number: BQ4050EVM-561
I have the following problem with bq4050EVM-561
1. The bqStudio 22.214.171.124 has been download from bq4050 TI web site without problems to 2 PC (the same issues were noted on both PC).
2. The evaluation module was connected to 4S1P Li-ion string with sequencing advised in User’s Guide SLUUBF9.
3. The PC port was connected to EV2300 (EV2400 gives the same results) and EV2300 was connected to evaluation module through SMBus 4 wire cable.
4. The bqStudio software has been started but it did not AutoDetect device (message: Autodetect device = NONE). Pressed WAKE push button on the module did not change the response.
5. After selection of 9E34-0.01 bq4050.bqz from Gauge list, the following message popped up:
“The detected device is not compatible with this application! Some actions could cause to lose communication permanently and enter unrecoverable state. Proceed on your own risk!”
6. Proceeded on my own risk I found that main bqStudio screen popped up with 2 than 3 green arrows in DashBoard window for a few seconds and then they were lost. No SMBus communication was established.
7. The oscilloscope probe was connected between SMBC and GND of the evaluation module. I wanted to monitor SMBus traffic after I already confirmed 3.3V present on the module. As soon the probe touched the SMBC pin the SMB communication with bqStudio was established and data scanning proceeded with programmed speed. Changing of DF parameters was possible in bqStudio and the module was responsive.
8. After described “successful” start, removing oscilloscope probe, disconnection and reconnection of EV2300 from PC, or disconnection and reconnection of SMBus cable did not affect proper operation of the bqStudio and the evaluation module.
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.