TI E2E Community
Battery Management - Gas Gauge Forum
DF_Help_z70_RevC1.html not found in GG evaluation software standard install
I am using bq20z75v1.81 GG evaluation software to configure a bq20z75 v180. I read SLUA421A which says one can right click on a dataflash parameter and have the help file show up. I did this, and there appears to be no help file in the Documentation directory. The program is looking for DF_Help_z70_RevC1.html. Can anyone tell me where to find this html file or post a copy here for me to use please.
Thanks in advance.
We are checking to see how the help file got dropped from the setup program. You can reference the DF_Help_z90_RevB1.html file located in the bqEVSW documentation directory until we can repair the link.
Thanks for your prompt reply. Actually I did a fresh clean install using the bq20z75 v1.81 gg software only, so I don't have the DF_Help_z90_RevB1.htm to use.
Can you post the relevant file here for me please?
Here is the file.
Actually I had a look at that file, and though it is helpful and very much explains whats going on on the gg ev software screens, it does not match the bq20z75 v1.81 software, numerous differences are apparent, for example pf status does not match. I haven't been able to check everything as it is 84 pages long when I copy it to a word file.
It would be far better if you could get a hold of the correct matching help file for me please, the DF_Help_z70_RevC1.html.
Also I have some more questions, with some background as follows:
1. I have set up the bq20z75evm, and have replaced the bq20z75 part with a v1.80 part as the EVM did not work with the part as supplied .
2. I have managed to calibrate the chip, by gathering various instructions and trying them, but the information is ambiguous. In the end for calibration I did as follows:
2.1 Set up a 1K resistor network and applied a PSU between Pack- and 1N to generate discharge current, and measured
2.2 I measure CC Offset with no current as per p202 of SLUA404
2.3 I measure voltage by applying 12V across the resistors.
The questions I have are as follows:
1. I have viewed the video from youtube: Part 3: Optimizing bq275xx battey fuel guage EVM with bqEASY. This is very useful, but it refers to a Part 2. I cannot find the video anywhere, does it exist and can you let me have a copy or point me to a URL?
2. The GGEV calibrate screen shows two FET control radio button options, but I cannot find an explantion of when to use these or what they mean, can you explain them please?
3. Also on the GGEV there is a Pack Voltage calibrate option, and CCboard offset calibration. The documentation says these may not be necessarily used. Can you explain what they are for, and when they are supposed to be used please?
4. The documentation says to calibrate using resistors as calibrating with batteries attached is more complex. Does this mean that one has to have the ability to plug resistors in first for calibration, and then swap to a battery on the fly to complete the bqEasy Learning Cycle process?
5. The Cycle process instructs to charge the pack to full. There does not seem to be any information regarding the charger in this process. Is it expected that one of the charger chips, for example a bq24247 is set up on an SMB bus, so that the bq20Z75 can control it for a full charge cycle, or does one just set up a bench supply and giver it a current limit for a period of time. Is the equipment necessary to perform the charge process and the actual charge process noted anywhere in the documentation as I could not find detail. Can you please tell me what I am supposed to do here?
Thats about it for now.
Thanks in advance
I have a suggestion for the help file - Installing the bq20z70 bqEVSW in addition to what you already have will install the help file that bqEVSW is looking for. The bq20z70 and bq20z75 are almost identical.
A year later from when this was posted and I am still having a similar problem with a new install. I am using the bq Gas Gauge Evaluation Software for the bq3060 with an EV2400 on Windows 7 64 bit OS. I installed sluc209.exe followed by EV2400_Support_Components_20110524.exe to make it work with the EV2400. Everything comes up fine and appears to work properly.
However, when I right click on a data flash parameter and click on "help text" I get the following error messages:First is says it cannot find file, then it says.
Error opening URL file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Texas%20Instruments/bq%20Evaluation%20Software/Documentation/DF_Help_bq3060_RevA1.html#LT_COV_Threshold
Also if I click on Help>Contents I get nothing!
Any ideas on how I can get these help files? I have lots of parameters to double check and most are cryptic acronyms to me. Maybe you can set up an FTP? Dropbox?
It is not a problem with your setup. Unfortunately, we do not have the help files setup for this device. You will need to reference the TRM for information on the parameters.
That is very disappointing and is in fact what I have been doing and it is not fun. I miss those days when chips had only 2 or 3 registers to set up and you were done,The way the bq evaluation software handles it now, it does appear as a bug/omission. You may want your software team to either create the doc file or handle the missing file differently.
Thanks for the prompt response.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.