Frequently asked questions
Hello, I am working with a BQ20Z095 eval kit. I was getting a USB time out and thru driver re-installs, that has now changed to BQEasy reporting it does not recognize the device.
It will pull data but it warns that it is at risk. I did verify the board is not in shut down, but I would appreciate further direction.
One of the tasks is to reprogram the power on splash screen when the LCD powers on. Currently it displays a vendor's company name in Singapore. I have see in the Data flash where there are several manufacturer programmable fields, but can you point me to where to look for the company name, and is that an editable field.
Thank you for your time.
You might need to check the revision of your bqeval tool against the actual rev of the chip you are using. The TI tools are set up to recognize different revisions of the chip, and each unique chip rev has corresponding tools.. There is a file in your TI tool directory with an extension of .encr. You need to have a .encr file for the rev of the chip you are using. As an example, bq20z70 has revisions 110 and 160. To talk to the V110 IC you ned a v110 encr file and if you are using a V160 chip then you need to use the V160 encr. I'd suggest you find out what rev of the IC you are working with, and then go to the bqeval software tool for that rev of the chip and do an install of the tools. The bqeval will detect the rev of the IC and select the right encr...if you have it. If not you get an error just like you described
oh yeah, about the manufacturer name, you just need to know where the host device is reading from. what address. if you dont know you can just change each field until you find the 1 that is displayed on the LCD. The parameters are editable IF the gauge is unsealed. if it is sealed you may have a problem. You can tell if the pack is easled on teh SBS screen by looking at SS and FAS bits. Red means sealed and green means unsealed. You would need the unseal codes if the pack is sealed. Some manufacturerss are lazy...there are default codes in the chip and if the pack manufacturer did not change them, the default codes can be entered to gain access. I believe the codes are 04143672 ffffffff. So to unseal with the default codes, go to SBS, make sure scanning is off, slect the 2 word write box, put in 0414 in the box to the left and and 3672 in the other, then write....follow this up with ffff ffff and then write again. if the FAS and SS bits go from red to green you are unsealed.
I am Struggle with TI – BQ26220 (Battery Monitoring IC) to calculate the reaming capacity of the Battery.
Can you help us for any sample algorithm?
Thanks & Regards
Hello, I am working with BQ26220 Battery Monitor Evaluation module. And also working with BQ26220 IC. How to calculate remaining capacity of battery? (Chargeable)
Please help us in this regard.
Hello My platform is OMAP 4460 (android 4.0.4). I'm try add BQ20z65 battery charge in my platform. But my platform just only have BQ20Z75 driver. So I add it in my platform. I check i2c bus and module trun on.
(1) But I don't know what's different between BQ20z65 and BQ20Z75?
(2) My android still show "Battery usage data not available" in setting/battery. So maybe my framework need to port power.jar, right?
I am currently working with BQ24650 solar charge controller ic. I am new to solar stuff.
I would like to know whether this battery management ic could be used to charge a 4 cell , 3.7 volt , 8Ah lithium ion battery with the solar panel connected to input? Also, what should be the solar panel configurations (power rating, current rating - Ish, etc..)
Kindly help me out with this query of mine.
Thanks and Regards,
I am working on a Battery Loader for a 24V Sealed-Lead-Acid Battery. I am looking for the BQ24650 to be usable for this appliction. Considering the application note "SLVA437a - Using the BQ24650 to charge Lead Acid Battery" and the datasheet of my Battery, I need to set U(BLK)=27.6V and V(RECH) =27V for my Battery. This is not possible, as R(P-B) becomes negative. As a consequence, I try with U(RECH) = 26,7V, but this does not really satisfy me. Question: Is there any proposal how the V(RECH)=27V Value can be increased?
For lowest Temperature, V(BLK) can reach up to 28,4V and to be able to deliver this voltage to the Battery, I need to supply the BQ24650 with 30V. This is more than recommanded Operating Condition, but less than the alsolute maximum rating. Question: Can this possibly be a problem?
Thank you for any comments
I have just started my Master's thesis on Li-ion Battery Management system, with the intention of using it in Hybrid Electric Vehicles. I am thinking of testing it using 4 LiFePo4 cells in series first and then stacking more such strings.
My aim is to implement passive cell balancing first (and active cell balancing later) during charging and discharging.
So, I have been researching on the chips provided by TI for BMS and am a bit confused about which ones to use. So, I have some options as follows:
1. BQ76PL536 - this is recommended for HEVs and is also stackable, which solves my purpose, but the only thing that it misses is that it does not use TI's impedance track technology. I think that impedance track technology is very efficient and hence, would like to use it with this chip if possible. I dont know if we can implement impedance track technology in this chip. Could you please let me know if it is possible?
2. BQ20z65-R1 - This chip provides fuel gauging using impedance track technology for 4 cells in series, but it does not have cell balancing option. I would like to use it because of its guel gauging efficiency, but I don't know if it can be used for cell balancing as it does not have the control register to control the FETs as it is there in BQ76PL536. Also, it is not mentioned in the datasheet whether it is stackable or not. could you please clear these two questions of mine regarding this chip?
3. BQ34z100 - This also uses the impedance track technology, but I dont think it gives the individual cell voltages and other cell characteristics. It gives the total battery pack characteristics. Is that right or can we also get individual cell data because I want to implement a passive cell balancing algorithm using all the characteristics and not only cell voltage. Also, it does not have the option for cell balancing.
Hence, I would like to know what would you suggest is the best option for me to implement cell balancing on 4 LiFePo4 cells in series (using the impedance track techology if possible) and having an option for stackability.
I am open to using Evaluation boards too, which would have the FETs and cell balancing circuit embedded into it.
Please let me know your suggestions. It would be of great help to me.
School of ECE,
hi iam mathan i want to learn about microtek inverters working principles
As I posted earlier, I am doing my masters thesis on Li-ion battery management systems. I am thinking of using the BQ76PL536A EVM. But, I have some questions regarding it.
1. Can the protection threshold levels in the chip be programmed just once or more than one time ?
2. Can the EVM be used with just one chip and one string of cells?
3. The datasheet shows a picture having three strings of cells, but they are not connected in series with each other. Is it possible to connect three strings in series or even more (as much as 192) as it is mentioned in the datasheet. Is it possible to stack more chips in series, at increasing voltage levels or do they have to be electrically isolated from each other?
I am using the bq27510-G2 and the bqEVSW version 0.9.92. Basically the problem is that when I start the bqEVSW a message box says "The detected device is not compatible with this application! Proceed at your own risk.". It means that the bqEVSW is not compatible with the bq27510-G2?. Should I buy the newer bq27510-G3?. The software says the communication is OK
Any help?did someone have the same problem?
Thank you in advance
Im trying to find a replacment or alternative to LM3641 which the site says is now obolete.. can you assist in any way? Lithium Ion battery charge protection circuit
Have a nice day. How to Update Chemistry File Listing in bqWizard? For my account writed: e2e.ti.com/.../faq-how-to-update-chemistry-file-listing-in-bqwizard
You do not have permission to view/download this item.
Thanks and Regards......
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.