Q: bq2403x EVM questions
Please help with the following questions,
1- I understand that if the unit is powered with the DC Voltage Vac the D5 goes on and D4 is on when the battery is charged through USB. What are the D2 and D3 indicating?
2- How long does it take a battery to be charged?
3- I understand that USB high power it can be set in the control panel. Does this mean that some computer can not provide the 500 mA through the USB?
4- When do we know that the battery has been charged completely?
5- Is ther certain battery that can not be used by this I.C?
A: Re: bq2403x EVM questions
1. D2 and D3 for STAT1 and STAT2, in datasheet page 24 has a table for status pins summary.
2. It depends on the battery capacity and charge rate.
3. USB spec need first in low power mode, after negotiation it allows draw 500mA.
4. Charger sensing charging current, at first it works in Constant current (CC) mode, when battery voltage reasches voltage set point, it enters into Constant voltage (CV) mode, current tapers down.
When charge current is small than termination current in CV mode, it is considered as charge done. Datasheet page 11 figure 1 gives the charging profile.
5. This IC has CC-CV charging profile, it is designed for single cell Li-Ion or Li-Pol battery.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.