This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
The default settings for most of the UCD project generate pp files for all the source code C files. The memory debugger from the Fusion GUI combines all the pp files and comes up with a common set of variables that can be viewed in the memory debugger. Combining all the pp files and parsing them will take more time than parsing a single pp file. Hence it is better if we change the project settings to generate a single pp file which has all the variable that we need to see.
1) First pick a C file that has all the #includes in it. This file includes header files that has variables that we need to see in the memory debugger.
2) Go to the project settings and change the "Parser Preprocessing Options" as shown:
3) Now right click on a specific file , for example main.c and change the "Parser Preprocessing Options" as shown:
4) click "OK" and compile the project . Now, in the output directory, there will be only a single pp file called main.pp.
NOTE: While writing comments in header files , it is advised not to use the comments with " /* Comment */ " . Please use the comments using the double slash notation ( //comment ).
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
In reply to user4351959:
Can you please tell us what the compile error is?
In reply to Ian Bower:
I've been looking at it, and it's pretty confusing. It seems like the code as it comes from TI works - it's got the default preprocessing set to manual with none of the options checked, and allheaders.c is set to manual with the two boxes checked as shown in earlier in this string. That gives you an allheaders.pp file.
When I first tried allheaders.c as the only pp file, it said it couldn't find allheaders.obj, and then gave similar error messages to what you sent.
But then I had it in automatic mode as the default preprocessor handling mode.
I stuck a little dummy function into allheaders.c, so that it would make a .obj file, and that seemed to be OK.
It seems that the project as it is downloaded is already designed to generate only one .pp file.
I tried the method as described at the start of the posts on a different project, and it seemed to work fine.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.