Part Number: TRF3722
Hi dear supporting team,
customer has below questions on TRF3722, need double check with you:
1. in d/s, there is only max input ref of 350MHz, what's the minimum frequency input? could it accept 10MHz?
2. if do not use LO_OUT, could it be floating?
3. for the ferrite bead of the power supplies, should customer add them all? and how to select the value of ferrite bead?
tks a lot!
I will take a stab at answering these questions. Russell can chime in later if the answers are not complete.
1. The lower input may also be limited by the AC coupling path (i.e. ac coupling capacitor) in the PCB. You have to also keep in mind that the lower the PFD, the lower the phase noise performance. Typically, the customer may want to increase the reference frequency and PFD accordingly to optimize phase noise performance.
2. LO output is open collector. It is best to tie the unused output to 3.3V to avoid transistor drifting.
3. there are many different sections of the chip, i.e. PFD, PLL, VCO tank, and digital side and to prevent power supply coupling, it is best to isolate the rails with ferrite beads.
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.