The 2014 TI United Way campaign results are in, and a record was set with more than $7.4 million raised across the U.S. TIers are celebrating this direct community impact, an increase of $800,000 raised from 2013.
|TIers from Communications, Investor Relations and Public Affairs partnered with Goodwill stores.|
The TI campaign continues to grow each year, and this year the Dallas team achieved an important goal of 50 percent employee participation. Overall, 44 percent of U.S. TIers participated in the campaign with $3.4 million pledges coming from individual employees, retirees and special events. The campaign was active at 18 TI sites and the average gift grew by $42 nationwide.
The TI Foundation was also instrumental in the campaign with the 1:1 match of dollars by the TI Foundation and gift designation option contributing to an increase in employee giving. The TI Foundation board of directors approved grants of $3.3 million.
The United Way Campaign is an annual opportunity for TIers across the country to come together to raise money for local communities. We thank each and every one of our employees who gave on behalf of the thousands of people whose lives will be improved!
Around TI campaign successes:
- The Capital area had strong results (Columbia, Germantown, DC, MD, VA) with increased giving and a double-digit increase in participation.
- In South Portland, Maine TI was also recognized in the local United Way full page ‘Thank You’ ad in the Portland Press Herald. TIers enjoyed several fun events during the campaign: chili cook-off, Duck Derby, Chop the Locks, Penny Wars and a local eAuction.
- In Manchester, New Hampshire, TI has been among the top 50 corporate donors to Granite United Way for many years. In addition to contributions, TI volunteers organize an annual Day of Impact and perform various community service projects such as painting transitional houses for homeless teens, and work supporting Families in Transition (FIT) and Child and Family Services.
- In Sherman, Texas, TI employees’ participation in the annual campaign is among the highest of all TI sites.
- TI’s Bay Area, California campaign raised almost $470,000, a year-on-year increase of 7 percent, and a total of 265 TIers donated 1,378 hours of community service throughout the campaign, a 62 percent increase over last year.
Celebrating nine months of impact in North Texas
TI supported the United Way of Metropolitan Dallas’ 90th anniversary celebration with a service project each month for nine months. Each of these events provided specific TI business units opportunities to give back to communities, with their teams of volunteers working work alongside a Dallas Cowboy legend. Each event was different and provided opportunities for TIers who may not have had a chance to volunteer to get involved in a specific service project with their team. The events were very much embraced by the business units, and we plan to continue that spirit of getting involved throughout 2015.
|In TI’s United Way campaign auction TIer Thierry Bosson won backstage passes so he and his wife were able to meet Usher and Blake Shelton after the United Way 90th anniversary gala concert.
Highlights from the Nine for 90 service projects:
- ·More than 700 TI employees worked alongside almost 1,000 other volunteers from more than 47 other companies to help change lives in our communities.
- ·Combined, volunteers contributed more than 10,000 hours serving 56 nonprofit organizations that impacted almost 5,000 people in North Texas including about 1700 students.
- ·Fed over 1000 elderly and homeless people.
- ·Provided homes for veterans and homeless families.
- ·Inspired students to succeed in math and science and be ready for college.
- ·Created awareness of childhood obesity and health.
Wrapping up nine months of celebrating, about 500 TI volunteers in the Dallas area were invited to the gala concert featuring Usher and Blake Shelton.