With the oncoming summer heat, who wouldn't want a nice cool Android Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)? TI's ICS Development Kit is now available for AM335x and AM37x processors. The release has been validated on AM335x EVM, Beaglebone, AM37x EVM, Beagleboard XM and Flashboard platforms.
Highlights of this sweet treat include:
- Platforms: EVM, Beaglebone + LCD & DVI-D cape support
- Software: Kernel 3.2 with Power Management “Deep Sleep 0”, 3D Graphics SGX DDK 1.8
- Sensors: Temperature, Accelerometer, Ambient light, Brightness control
- Connectivity: Ethernet, WLAN, Bluetooth, USB
- Peripherals: MMC, UART, LCD, Touch, Keypad, NAND UBIFS, Audio, etc.
- Platforms: EVM, Beagleboard XM and Flashboard
- Software: Kernel 2.6.37 with Power Management “CPU OFF” mode, 3D Graphics SGX DDK 1.8
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Brightness control
- Connectivity: Ethernet, WLAN, Bluetooth, USB.
- Peripherals: MMC, UART, DVI, LCD, Touch, Keypad, NAND UBIFS, Audio, etc.
Sink your teeth into this release by downloading it from http://www.ti.com/sitara-android and come back to tell me what cool creations you think of whipping up for dessert.
Alejandro Erives enjoys ice cream sandwiches on sunny day's as brand marketing manager for Texas Instruments Sitara™ ARM® processors