Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Visit our Twitter page, @TXInstruments, between October 23-30, and tweet us about what you will do with the accelerators on our new C2000 Piccolo F2807x MCUs
- In your tweet, include the @TXInstruments handle and the hashtag “#AcceleraTIonSweeps”
- All users who tweet responses including the handle and hashtag will be entered to win a C2000 Piccolo LaunchPad and a Motor Drive BoosterPack
- Three winners will be selected in a random drawing on November 3 and notified by a message from @TXInstruments
Rules and eligibility requirements:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Open to i) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District Of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (except must be at least 19 in AL and NE and at least 21 in MS), ii) with an active Twitter account at the time of entry, and iii) and who are product or software developers. If you don’t have a Twitter account, visit www.Twitter.com to register as a Twitter member. Those that do not currently follow Texas Instrument may do so as follows: a) Visit www.twitter.com and login to your Twitter account and b) Visit www.twitter.com/txinstruments or, from your Twitter home page, click on the "Find People" tab and perform a search for "Texas Instruments" and click on the “Follow" button corresponding to the official @TXInstruments channel to become a follower. Employees (and their immediate families (parent, child, spouse or sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related) of Texas Instruments Incorporated (“Sponsor”), and its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, and participating advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter or win. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and/or Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this Promotion. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
2. TO ENTER. The Promotion begins at 9:00 am Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) on October 23, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 pm CDT on October 30, 2014 (“Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer clock will be the official clock of the Promotion. During the Promotion Period, enter the Promotion by visiting www.twitter.com (“Web Site”) from either your computer or mobile phone and answer the question “What will you do with the accelerators on our new C2000 F2807x MCU?” The post must include “@TXInstruments” and the hashtag “#AcceleraTIonSweeps” in order to be qualified in the Promotion. Limit one (1) entry per person per day. Entries from multiple accounts from the same user will cause a participant to be disqualified. No other form of entry is valid. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entries submitted without the required @ and hashtag and entries received after 11:59:59 pm CDT on October 30, 2014 will be void. All entries must comply with applicable Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at www.twitter.com. Standard text messaging and/or data rates apply to those who submit entries or opt to receive Sponsor’s Tweets via a wireless mobile device. Wireless service providers may charge for airtime for each message sent and received. Contact your provider for pricing and service plan before mobile device participation. To participate without using your mobile device, deactivate your mobile phone from your Twitter account and enter via a computer. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Entries will not be judged in determining the winner, must be in English, and must meet the following guidelines to be eligible:
a. Entries may not contain any content that is lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene, or that otherwise contains inappropriate content or objectionable material as determined by Sponsor in its sole and unfettered discretion.
b. Entries must be your original work, created solely by you, and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other intellectual rights of any person or entity.
c. Entries must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than you. Should you include personally identifiable information about yourself in your entry, you acknowledge and agree that such information will be disclosed publicly and you are solely responsible for any consequences thereof.
d. You may not be, nor may you work with parties in conjunction with your entry, who: 1) are represented under contract (e.g., by a talent agent or manager) that would limit or impair Sponsor's ability to display the entry in any media form; or 2) are under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to guild and/or union memberships, that may prohibit them from participating fully in this Promotion, or from allowing Sponsor to use royalty-free, the entry worldwide in all media in perpetuity.
e. The entry must not contain any commercial content
f. The entry may not have been previously published and may not have won previous awards.
g. The entry may not contain any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties.
3. DRAWING/NOTIFICATION/REQUIREMENTS. Three (3) potential winners will be selected in a random drawing held on or about November 3, 2014 from all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Potential winner will be notified via a direct message or direct reply on Twitter. Potential winner may be required to provide their contact information including, but not limited to, the following: First and Last Name, Email Address, Street Address (no P.O. Boxes), City, State, Zip Code, and Phone and may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within seven (7) days of the date of issuance. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or a potential winner is not in compliance with these rules, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries.
4. PRIZE. Three (3) winners will each receive a prize pack consisting of a C2000™ Piccolo™ LaunchPad (LAUNCHXL-F28027F) (approximate retail value (“ARV”) $17.05) and a Motor Drive BoosterPack (BOOSTXL-DRV8301) (approximate retail value (“ARV”) $49.00). Total ARV of all prizes: $198.15. Except as otherwise provided by Sponsor, prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor.
Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer the prize or redeem the prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. WARRANTIES / GENERAL CONDITIONS.
Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected or undelivered, or for garbled data, emails, online or mailed entries. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind relating to or in connection with the Promotion. Released Parties are also not responsible for (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; and/or (ii) injury or damage to your or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Promotion or website or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion should any portion of the Promotion be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries. If terminated, Sponsor will select the potential winners via a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the Twitter account. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to the Twitter account by Twitter. Potential winners may be required to show proof that he/she is authorized account holder.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Neither the Sponsor, Twitter, nor any of its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees or advertising and promotion agencies or prize suppliers or any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) will have any liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Promotion.
7. GRANT OF PUBLICITY. By acceptance of prize, you (except where legally prohibited), grant permission for Sponsor and its designees to use your name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes relating to this Promotion without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval.
8. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants or Sponsor in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the state of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state laws. Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, the prizes awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Venue for all suits will be in the state of Texas in Dallas County.
9. SEVERABILITY. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
10. WINNERS LIST. For the name of the winner, available after November 3, 2014 send a self-addressed envelope to: Golin, c/o Kristin Cloy, 13155 Noel Road, Suite 750, Dallas, TX 75240, to be received by November 31, 2014.
12. SPONSOR: Texas Instruments Incorporated, c/o Kristin Cloy, 12500 TI Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75243.
This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter nor is/are Twitter associated with the Promotion in any way. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion must be directed to the Sponsor, and not to Twitter.
All participants must abide by the Twitter rules.