The new AM335x SITARA family is becoming very popular in the market. Hundreds of customers are starting new designs with this low-cost Cortex A8 processor. The next obvious question is how can we power this new family? The table below provides an overview of the different power management unit (PMU) solutions, including DDR2/3 support. The recommended solutions include the following.
- TPS65217: PMU with Battery Charger and Backlighting
- TPS65910: PMU with Smart Reflex and Sleep-mode Support
- TPS650250: Lowest Cost PMU
Useful Web Links
User’s Guides and Schematics: www.ti.com/processorpower >> AM335x
- Beagle-Bone, powered by TPS65217.
- AM335x generic board: powered by TPS65910.
- ICE communication board, powered by TPS65910.
- AM335x Wiki: http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/AM335x_Hardware_Design_Guide
- PMU Portfolio: www.ti.com/pmu
- Power for Processors: www.ti.com/processorpower
If you have any questions about how to power the AM335x, please feel free to list them in the comment section below. Thanks!