Here are the top 5 things you need to know about TI’s latest Bluetooth® low energy device: SimpleLink™ CC2640R2F wireless microcontroller (MCU).
5. Expansion of the SimpleLink™ CC2640 family
The CC2640R2F device is pin-to-pin compatible in QFN packages to the SimpleLink Bluetooth low energy CC2640 wireless MCU, making it easy to scale across platforms based on your Bluetooth low energy application size. The CC2640 family continues to offer the industry’s leading range at the lowest power and provides the ultimate design flexibility to seamlessly transition across devices without penalty.
4. More available flash memory
As user applications continue to become more sophisticated, additional flash memory is crucial for next generation designs. With CC2640R2F wireless MCU the Bluetooth 4.2 protocol stack is in ROM, freeing 80+KB of flash for user application code.
3. Wafer-chip-scale (WCSP) package
Now available in WCSP package, the CC2640R2F solution is great for space constrained applications with a tiny 2.7 x 2.7 mm footprint. This not only is the thinnest package option but also has four additional general-purpose input/output pins (GPIO) than the 4x4 mm QFN package.
2. Automotive qualification - samples coming in February
The CC2640R2F wireless MCU will be AEC-Q100 qualified making it the most robust Bluetooth low energy device for the automotive market. From assisted parking to smartphone car access, including passive entry passive start (PEPS) and remote keyless entry (RKE), the new CC2640R2F-Q1 solution will pave the way for emerging automotive applications.
1. Bluetooth 5 software support
Ready to design more intelligent beacons, longer range applications, or transfer data at higher speeds? The SimpleLink CC2640R2F wireless MCU has Bluetooth 5 software support coming soon in the first half of 2017.
It’s a new year, new Bluetooth spec. Jumpstart your new designs with CC2640R2F wireless MCU today!
- Get started by ordering the CC2640R2F LaunchPad™ development kit.
- Any unanswered questions? Post here or on our E2E forum.
- Want to learn about Bluetooth low energy? Read our other blog posts:
- High performance and low power…The original dynamic duo
- Make your Bluetooth® low energy solution fast, simple and secure with new Bluetooth 4.2 certified software
- How Bluetooth® 4.2 can help enable product security
- Bluetooth® 5 will unlock the power of the SimpleLink™ CC2640 wireless MCU
- How Bluetooth® low energy technology revolutionizes healthcare