I have the PGA309EVM-USB and also got the TIPD126 reference design and assembled it.
I presume that I can program the TIPD126 reference design by using my PGA309EVM-USB set to do so, however, I was wondering if there exists a more comprehensive setup/hookup other that the illustration I find in the doc ....sbou024b.pdf.
On page 91 it is calling the programming source as the "PC Interface Board".
On page 88 it is calling the programming source as the "EVM Interface Board".
I will be using the internal temperature reference and the final product we will be using will be very very close to theTIPD126 and loop powered.
So my questions as follows:
1. Other than the physical hookup as shown, are the "PC Interface Board" and the "EVM Interface Board" really the same hardware?
2. I won't give the final product access to the the programming pin and only intend to have the product factory programmed, as such there will be no programming pin run to the outside world and will only be accessed during production, so I presume I want to program as shown on page 91?
3. Eventually we would be doing a gang program setup like the Multi-Cal system, but for now just need to program the TIPD126 reference design PCBAs.
4. Is there existing a hookup/cable drawing with the pin out numbers on the cable etc and all other appropriate connections so that one can easily program the TIPD126? It would save me a ton of time.
5. Any pre-made cable to purchase from TI to accomplish item #4?