Part number : TI AMP IC-TPA6011A4PWP SMD TSSOP 24P
Issue : The temperature of TPA6011A4PWP-IC rises abnormally when starting up. ask for advice.
When the MB is turned on with the OS, it will be found that the AMP ICs of several MBs are abnormally hot, not every one.
OS : WIN10 64bits -21H2
SPK : 4 ohm / 3W (only single channel)
- Confirm AMP IC circuit.
- I thought there was a problem with the AMP IC, but after replacing the AMP IC, the situation is the same.
- Disconnect C994 (do not connect R/L together), and confirm once after replacing the AMP IC. It will still happen.
- If the TVS connected to D98 / D99 / D100 / D101 SPK is removed first, the temperature will still rise.
- Remove the C979 /C980, when there is no input signal, the temperature of the AMP IC does not rise at present.
- Disconnect the Line in of the MB's AMP IC that is abnormally hot, and connect the Line out of the Audio codec IC to the Line in of the other MB (using the same TI AMP IC)
Confirm that the sound is normal and the temperature is also normal (about 30 degrees)
It should be possible to confirm that the abnormal phenomenon follows the MB.
The DC level offset is not on 2.5V.
The phenomenon of measuring abnormal waveforms and normal waveforms can be found from the following figure, the output of TPA6011A4 AMP IC_Pin 24 is abnormally small (it feels that the energy consumption is on the AMP IC).
It's just that I don't understand what interference causes the exception.
Please also help to review if there are any problems. Many thanks.