This thread has been locked.

If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.

PCM1789-Q1: Is #PCM1789 a good replacement for for Analog Devices part # AD1859 ?

Part Number: PCM1789-Q1
Other Parts Discussed in Thread: PCM1789, PCM5102-Q1

We would like to use #PCM1789  as replacement for Analog Devices part # AD1859 ? Is this a good option? Or any other good suggestions to replace with?

  • Hi, Athun,

    The PCM1789 is quite different from the device you want to replace, as it requires an external buffer circuit. If that is not a problem, then you can consider that device. Another option would be the PCM5102-Q1, this device has better overall performance and doesn't require an output capacitor as it offers a ground-centered output.

    Best Regards,

      -Diego Meléndez López
       Audio Applications Engineer