Other Parts Discussed in Thread: TMS320C6701, , SMJ320C6701, TMS320VC5507, DAC121S101, ADC128S102
Tool/software: Code Composer Studio
I want to interface ADS1282 with TMS320C6701 processor. I have connected the McBSP0 port signals to ADS1282. DX0 to DIN of ADS1282, FSX0 to sync input of ADS1282, DRDY output to FSR0 of DSP and DOUT to DR0 of DSP.
I want to operate the ADS1282 in continuous conversion mode with 2000 or 1000 SPS rate with handshaking by the DSP, without loosing any data. I want to switch channel and PGA gain once in every one second. My input is a ramping signal from -1.25V to +1.25V with 10 to 100HZ rate. I tried some code with about 100/160KHz SCLK, in command based single conversion mode. But I am not getting any DOUT when data is read, rather getting some DOUT when the ADS1282 is being configured. The sequence of register values are: 0x11, 0x41, 0x01, 0x52, 0x08, ox12 and then ox00, ox00, ox00 and ox00 for four bytes of DOUT. But my actual requirement is continuous conversion mode with multiple sync pulse. That is, one conversion against each sync pulse.
I want to know the following.
1, What is the mode the McBSp should be configured? Is it SPI Master or Independent McBSP Transmit/ Receive?
2. Provide the value for all the McBSP registers.
3. What is the sequence for configuring the ADS1282 registers?
4. What are the values for to be written to the registers?
5. How to read data from the converter?
6. How to synchronize the data read with the DRDY out put from the ADS1282?
7. How to convert the 32bit data to corresponding analog value?
Kindly respond fast, as this is for an urgent project.
Pradeepkumar, Project Manager