This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Part Number: AFE58JD16
Hello, we currently have the AFE58JD16 EVM/TSW1400EVM setup. I am investigating using the AFE58JD16 device in a sonar application.
Here are some questions:
1. The HMC-DAQ-GUI does not provide an option to select the AFE58JD16 device. I believe I need a patch for this bases on the E2E blog. Can you please provide the patch?
2. Is it true that the maximum decimation factor M is 64.
3. Assuming a decimation factor of M = 64 (integer); is the length of the decimation MAC filter = 256 (16 x 64) = 1024 taps?
4. Is there additional design documentation related to the decimation filter? Given a desired filter response, is there a tool you recommend to determine the coefficients?
5. Is the Decimation filter based on the CIC, CFIR,PFIR concept?
6. Given this is for a sonar application with a 25MHz sample rate, Channel Compression for LVDS output may be used. The data sheet describes RTL code decoding logic that TI uses across different decimation factors. Can you please provide the RTL code?
7. Assuming channel compression is used, what is the output data rate (FCLK,DCLK) as a function of decimation rate and compression factor?
Precision ADC Applications
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
In reply to Scott Cummins:
Thanks You Scott.
Unfortunately, no feedback yet.
In reply to Bob Ledoux:
TI makes no warranties and assumes no liability for applications assistance or customer product design. You are fully responsible for all design decisions and engineering with regard to your products, including decisions relating to application of TI products. By providing technical information, TI does not intend to offer or provide engineering services or advice concerning your designs.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.