This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Part Number: ADS7854
Hi allWould you mind if we ask ADS7854?<Question1>When INTERFACE MODE changes from 32-CLK, dual-SDO mode (default) to 16-CLK, dual-SDO mode, after changing, Frame (F+1) will be 16-CLK, dual-SDO mode, right?<Question2>In case of No operation is performed, SDO_A nad SDO_B output D13 to D0? Kind regards,Hirotaka Matsumoto
Hello Matsumoto san
Please see my reply below
1. When you are changing from 32 CLK dual SDO mode to 16 CLK dual SDO mode you have to write configuration register (CFR) bits as (CFR.B11 = 1, CFR.B10 = 0). Data written into the CFR in a valid frame (F) determine the device configuration for frame (F+1)
2. When you say no operation is performed, I believe you are referring to CS pin held high. When CS pin is high, SDO pins are tri stated. Let me know if this is what are you looking for
Let me know if you need more information
Thanks & Regards
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
In reply to Abhijeet Godbole:
Abhijeet sanThank you for your reply!In relation to <Question2>, we are sorry that we would like to heard basic quesiton.What we would like to know is the method to get output data from SDO_A and SDO_B using 16 CLK dual SDO mode.We understood Data Write Operation, however we could not understand "Data Read Operation".In order to get valid data(ADC output data) from ADC, what should we command via SDI?(What does it mean "No change in device configuration"?)Kind regards,Hirotaka Matsumoto
In reply to Hirotaka Matsumoto:
Here is the sequence for device configuration for your use case
1. Device power up. 32 clock dual SDO mode is defualt mode for the device
2. Frame 1: You write CFR register bits (CFR.B11 = 1, CFR.B10 = 0) to select 16 CLK dual SDO mode
3. Frame 2: Give 16 clocks to get ADC data on SDO_A and SDO_B. Keep SDI pin low (for next frames) if you wish to remain in 16CLK dual SDO mode
I hope this answers your question. Do let me know if you need additional information
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.