Good day. Posting this query on behalf of my Cx, seeking your advise:
I would like to use the P82B96 IC to extend the I2C communication distance.
It will be used to connect to two temperature/humidity sensors (BME280), 3 soil moisture sensors (I2C Soil moisture sensor from Catnip Electronics) and 1 light sensor (TSL2591) with a Raspberry Pi.
The cable that will be used will be a shielded twisted pair Cat 6 cable connected in pairs as follows:
1 pair SDA and GND
1 pair SCL and GND
1 pair Vcc and GND
1 pair not connected (or if better, both pairs connected to ground?)
I would need help with following questions:
- Can I safely use only one resistor pair (SDA and SCL) of 750 ohms on the buffered side of the P82B96?
- If 750 ohms is not the right value, could you please suggest a more appropriate value?
- There is only one resistor pair needed for the whole buffered side, correct?
- Not shown in the diagram, but which shottky diode is better to be used, BAT54A or BAT54C?
- The shottky diode needs to be installed on each P82B96 buffered side, correct?
- Would it make sense to install also a 12v zener clamp?