Other Parts Discussed in Thread: BQ25731, TPS25750, BQ25731EVM,
I have a customer working on a BQ25731 + TPS25750 design using the included GUI, they are running into some setup issues.
- Do we have a setup guide to attaching the 2 EVMs. ie jumper settings and connection points?
- They are not able to get the BQ25731 to pass power to the TPS25750. They shouldn't have to program the BQ25731 separately (ie the TPS25750 should control it out of the box), correct?
Here is their setup on the EVM boards:
- All jumpers default except
- BQ25731.J7->set to 5 cell
- TPS25750.J1->jumper removed and pin 3 attached to 3V3 on BQ25731(TP32)
- IC2 on BQ25731 (TP30,31) attached to TPS25750.J7 (pins10,8)
- Bench supply attached to BQ25731.VBAT screw terminals, set to 20VDC.
- BQ25731.VIN screw terminals attached to the TPS25750.SYS_POWER and GND TPs
They get the 3V3 from the BQ25731 over to the TPS25750 but the BQ25731.VIN screw terminals don't pass the 20VDC, even when I plug in a USB-C device to the TPS25750 that requests 20VDC. I'm wondering if they’re missing something on how the wiring and Vregs are connected or some sort of programming or boot-up they need to do to the BQ25731?