This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Part Number: DS90LV027A
I am transmitting Synchronous Serial Interface (SSI) signals using an LVDS interface.
I read "TI Designs: TIDA-060017 Transmitting SPI Signals Over LVDS Interface Reference Design" as a primer.
1) Document TIDA-060017 used CAT5 cable (page 10) to transfer LVDS signals, what is the best twisted pair cabling available to keep prop delay and capacitive load at a minimum?
2) Section 6.6 of the DS90LV027A specifies that the max propagation delay is 1.5 ns when CL (capacitive load) = 15 pF. What will the propagation delay be at higher capacitive loads?
3) Section 6.6 of the DS90LV028A specifies that the max propagation delay is 2.5 ns when CL (capacitive load) = 15 pF. What will the propagation delay be at higher capacitive loads?
4) I am highly concerned with the propagation delays of LVDS drivers & receivers. Do you offer any LVDS drivers/receivers which have shorter propagation delays than the two products I identified above?
5) Does TI have any single-channel "Transceiver" packages in the DS90LV family, or outside of this family?
6) Does TI sell any 8-bit Shift Registers with a maximum propagation delay less than 13.5 nS?
1) Propagation delay requirements for cable certification are the same for all twisted pairs
2) The device was characterized with a 15 pF load. It will probably be higher at higher capacitive loads but we cannot quantify it
3) The device was characterized with a 15 pF load. It will probably be higher at higher capacitive loads but we cannot quantify it
4) Not from what I've seen
5) DS90LV019, SN65LVDM176, SN65LVDS179, SN65LVDS180 are some
6) You can check the devices here: http://www.ti.com/logic-circuit/flip-flop-latch-register/shift-register/products.html
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.