This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Part Number: DS110DF111
Our application is support 1.25 Gbps (1G SFP) and 10.3125 Gbps (10G SFP+).
some question about the register setting.
1. From datasheet page 21 (table 9), i know the default datarates are Group 0 = 1.25 Gbps and Group 1 = 10.3125 Gbps. (i guess the 00 means 10.3125 Gbps, but how about 01,10 and 11? )
2. and also i follow page 22 (table 13 and 14), to Calculate Group 0 and Group 1 Register 0X60-0X64. But the function still can't work.(the setting as below, any wrong please let me know)
(The 1.25Gbps setting is difference at e2e, the value is 0x60 =0x00 and 0x61 =0xB2, but why?)
3. Could you also descript about 9.8304 Gbps, why the Register 0X64 =0XFF?
4. When we use the default setting. the 1Gbps link is unstable, sometimes could get 1G link up status, but 10G always no work and CDR is unlocked...
BTW, What data should we provide for parameter adjustment?
Hi, see below my inputs to the questions.
See below table for standard rates based on channel register 0x2F values.
Table. Standards-Based Modes Register Settings
DATA RATES (Gbps)
VCO FREQUENCIES (GHz)
REGISTER 0x2F VALUE (hex)
2.125, 4.25, 8.5, 10.51875
1, 2, 4
2.5, 5, 10
You may use the TI SigCon Architect GUI CDR tab to calculate the manual mode registers (0x60 - 0x64) values for you for a given data rate. However I would expect the values from datasheet table 12 to work.
If you are to set CDR for 1.25Gbps rate via channel registers 0x60 thru 0x64 my recommendation would be the following.
4. When we use the default setting. the 1Gbps link is unstable, sometimes could get 1G link up status, but 10G always no work and CDR is unlocked. BTW, What data should we provide for parameter adjustment?
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
In reply to Rodrigo Natal:
1. How to generate the PRBS pattern? by "SigCon Architect" tool?
If yes, please also provide the SOP.
2. Attached the setting.(it is default setting). default.cfg
3. The 1G SFP link up and ping function is ok, but maybe still need fine tune parameters after provide the PRBS pattern.
4. 10G SFP+ only get link up information, but ping function is fail, we must fine tune the parameters.
In reply to stanley wang:
Hi, see my inputs below.
Table. Register Writes to Enable PRBS Generator
SHARED/CHANNEL REGISTER SET
REGISTER ADDRESS [HEX]
REGISTER VALUE [HEX]
WRITE MASK [HEX]
Override Output Multiplexer
Turn on serializer (ser_en=1).
Power-up PRBS Generator.
Reset PRBS Clock.
Power-up PRBS Clock.
Select PRBS9 pattern. Select PRBS31 pattern.
Enable PRBS Clock triggering on Div/Clock so that the eye diagram is viewable. Disabling results in Pattern Cycle triggering.
HSSC Applications Engineer
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.