Part Number: DP83822I
My customer have an issue about Ethernet compliance test fail regarding jitter tests.
Could you please give me your advice for improvement?
Thanks for your question. Have you reviewed our application note on jitter analysis for the DP83822? Have you also confirmed that the MDI design is as recommended per our datasheet?
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
In reply to Cecilia Reyes:
Thank you for your advice.
Customer checked the jitter as below,
Customer think, The clock jitter is no problem because u = 206.3ps in the waveform. It is lower than 375ps that is explained in your application note.
Do you have any other idea for improvement method?
In reply to Yusuke Mukuno:
Thanks for following up. Can you share the schematic of your design?
I'd like to review the MDI portion
Thanks for sharing schematics. I have some questions about the schematic
1. Have you confirmed that the R2876-2879 are placed on there and used for ground isolation? Also can you share the values because it looks like they are 0 ohms but I would like you to confirm.
2. Are there separate magnetics being used for the Tx and Rx of the MDI side?
3. Can you please share the script you are using to test the compliance? And, have you confirmed the setup looks similar to figure 1 with the short cable and fixture? I would just like to confirm that the set up is the same so that we can compare the same expected results.
Figure is shown below in this app note.
1. The ground is divided into EMI countermeasures, but it is set to 0Ω because it is not necessary for now.
2. Is it about L2801 and L2802? It is designed according to the recommended usage conditions of TDK.
3. The customer has done a different setup.At the recommendation of Tektronix, the customer created the cable below and tested it with the setup below.The reason for creating the cable is that it was suggested by Tektronix as a way to improve the situation where the waveform cannot be confirmed.
Would it be possible to try the set up as recommended in our application note and see if that provides different results?
Can you also share the full results with the details of the failure and full numbers recorded?
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.