Part Number: DS90UB933-Q1
customer use OV9284 + FH8310 +933 in their project, the FH8310 is ISP.
we have below problem:
1. they build 20 pcs board, found the frame rate is not stable. Normally it is 30fps, but some board only 26fps.
2. they use FH8310 to upgrade 933 sofeware by I2C, it found some boards are failed to upgrade.
I attached the customer schematic, could you help check and give some suggestions? thanks in advance.
below is POC circuit of 936.
SCHEMATIC1 _ 05-TI933.pdf
Hi Betty, What do you mean some boards failed to upgrade? What is the issues with the 933?Thanks, SAlly
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
In reply to Sally Cheung95:
I use below disgram to describe this problem. they use Fakra cable in this case.
1. customer measure the frame rate at node 1, it is normal 30fps. In the Derser, they have a GUI to display sensor image. the GUI report the frame rate is 26fps.
so, customer suspect that there have noise in LVDS signal in the Fakra cable.
2. The 3 line is show that ISP to write register by I2C diretly, the ISP will sent a group data, then 933 should be return the same data. but ISP find the receive data is not same with sent, so, software upgrade fail.
3. Since the power supply of whole systemis come from POC, And, there are also power supply and LVDS in fakra cable. Therefore,we suspect maybe the POC circuit have problem, which cause the camera frame rate error and I2C issue.
please review the customer schematic and POC circuit to check if there are problems. thanks.
In reply to Betty Guo:
Hi Betty, The PoC looks fine. I will review the circuit and get back to you by next Monday. Thanks, Sally
Attached customer layout picture and file, please also help to review. thanks.
The schematic looks ok. Can you read back these registers to me:
0x4D, 0x4E, 0x7A,0x7B
1. What are the functions of 0x4d.0x4e.0x7a and 0x7b? I didn't find these register on datasheet.
2. could you check the layout? I have attached it. we have concern that if signal lines and power lines separately routed
Hi Betty, Those registers can be read on the DES. I am not sure how to open that file. I have Altium.
I also attched customer layout picture of POC circuit, please check.
for registers, please see the below:
And, customer use external power instead of POC to supply 933, not find the before issue. they have test two boards, the result is same. We suspect it is POC problem.
Please check customer POC circuit and layout.
Hi Betty, it's difficult to see from those snaps shots, so I will ask you:
I will feedback to customer.
one more question. for current POC circuit, if the input is 10V, current need 500mA, does below POC circuit can handle this requirement? and how to select inductor?
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.